Friday, February 3, 2012

WHY do I run in Beast Mode ???

Now that I've expressed MY definition of Beast Mode...I'll let you in on WHY I run in Beast Mode.
   Beast Mode is my form of training, it's a switch I flip when I want to conquer my next goal. I admit I have half-assed training days, or go through periods when I'm not as hard core about my workouts. Times when I go through the motions and I'm lacking in intensity, I feel burnout just like anyone else. But the moment my mind wraps around a goal or a conquest, that's it...the "switch" has been flipped and Beast Mode takes over. 
   Every action has a purpose, every run, every meal, every time I hit the weights, it's to obliterate that goal. With every physical movement, there's a method to my madness. I walk into the gym I joke, I say hi...but then the headphones go on, and everyone and everything fade away into the background. Beast Mode takes over. I drive to the trails picturing the mountain I'll be running, the iPod goes on, my feet take off, and Beast Mode takes over. It's not always right, but everything else becomes secondary. It's just me, the trails, and the goal. I focus my breathing into a rhythm, I match my stride to every breath, I match my speed to the beat of the music...and Beast Mode takes over. 
   I'm a predator stalking my prey, stalking the goal. I know when it's time to pounce, I don't need to run at the head of the pack..I stalk. I match my pace to my mood. Sometimes it's all out, sometimes it's just a steady flow. But nothing turns off Beast Mode, no matter where I finish or how long it takes...I WILL cross that finish line. And when unleashed, Beast Mode TAKES NO PRISONERS... 



No comments:

Post a Comment